I consider myself incredibly lucky to have an amazing community of people who, for reasons I don’t entirely grasp, want to help Jarrod and me through this. If you are looking for a way to help, there are ideas below. Don’t feel pressured though. Honestly, a kind word with a note that I don’t need to immediately respond does a lot to lift my spirits when I’m crabby, in pain, and generally grumpy.
- Donate to support the amazing work Hopkins is doing in researching and treating gynecologic cancers at bit.ly/cancerpenguins
- In general, Jarrod and I deeply appreciate prayers/spells/well-wishes/vibes/intentions/hopes; cards; and cute animal pictures.
- I love getting cards and postcards. They always seem to arrive right when I really need a dose of love or laughter.
- Check in with us once in awhile and don’t take it personally if we don’t get back to you right away. We’re a little flakey trying to balance life/cancer/etc, but really love hearing from our friends/family.
- Specifically, invite Jarrod out so he gets some friend time to refill his spoons.
- Make sure your senators and representatives know that you believe access to affordable care is important to you.
- If you might be up for driving me to appointments or cooking if things get really rough in the future, please fill out the Betharmy Recruitment Form so that my amazing sister can make sure we all stay organized. Please don’t stop by unannounced. I could be napping, feeling unwell, or just simply not wanting to see people for whatever reason that day.